CO2 in Europe (France)

• Hi, 

Can we use Sodastream bottles in France as a CO2 source? I don't own a soda stream and I need to buy the whole kit to get the bottle. Also the newer kits contain a fast clip bottle (which I guess is not compatible).

So before forking out 100euros in a whole kit, if someone could confirm, that'd be great. 

Thanks!

• Hi,

The F1 and S1 machines are compatible with the blue-threaded CO2 cylinders from SodaStream. (Just screw in but not quick connect)

• @Emmanuel If you are dropping 100 euros, I would honestly instead look at getting a 5lb Co2 tank from Vevor or somewhere else, and a CGA320 to T21-4 connector to just hook the tank up to the iGulu instead. Both those things together should run around 100 euros or less. Then you can just fill it up locally. A single 5lb tank will hold as much as 6 SodaStream canisters, and in general filling one will cost half the price of a single new canister.

As a side note though, you should not need to buy an entire SodaStream setup just to get the canisters. Those are sold separately.

• Ahh thanks guys! Went to another supermarket and they let me buy the bottle for 11 euros without asking questions. 
    @Cory Maddox I know there are alternatives but Sodastream bottles are just super convenient and pretty much anywhere. And now that I have a bottle, if it runs empty I can go to my store next door and swap it for a new one. 

And that worked very well! Enjoying my cooled ginger beer now! 

• @Emmanuel Yep, thats a decent price and convenient.

Locally in California a single cylinder near me is like $35 for a new one, and $22 or so for an exchange of an empty one. 

Where as filling an entire 5lb Co2 tank with beverage grade Co2 is $14 for the Co2 and a $7.50 hazmat fee, and it is nice to have a single tank that lasts so long since I carbonate all sorts of beverages in my iGulu.