Actual Beginners Brewing

• Alot of basic questions should be somewhere online or in videos. 

When the fermenting is done the temp isnt able to change.  there is a stop button on the second slide but when you click stop it says "Caution! Cooling will stop if exits!" ... the 9 days are over it says it is done but maybe it isnt? how are you supposed to get it to 38 degrees if it cant be changed. also cant set up an account on the app during this process to adjust on...

Alot of foam issues, ive only tried to pour 3 times and have 99% foam on each.  everyone says release pressure and psi are too high but to beginners high psi could be 30,20,5... online doesnt say what you should release the pressure to. i released it to 15psi and still the same and by morning it was back to 25 anyway and CO2 is closed off. 

should i press stop and it says stops cooling? what psi should it be at for pouring? do you wait days after its done to pour? lots of questions and nothing in videos or online except put the ingredients in and press go. 

thanks for any help. in the meantime ill let my foam sit there and hang out. 

• @Christopher I had some similar issues when first using the machine. It seems that the temperature cycles last longer than the cycle settings suggest. My advice there would be to just wait until the brewing is finished, and the orange circle around the lcd interface is completely closed, and changes from orange to blue.

There have been a few threads relating to how to deal with the excessive foaming issue. One thing I can relate, is that you really have to make sure the pressure valve for the external CO2 tank is completely shut off when attempting to bleed the treasure/pour, otherwise CO2 still leaks into the beer, and continued foam ensues. 

Try the following before pouring:

- ensure the hose crimp on the pour line is ~ 50% closed before pouring.

- ensure the external CO2 feed valve is completely closed.

-manually release the pressure from the fermentation keg by pulling up on the orange pressure release valve slowly

- chill the intended serving glass in the freezer for a few hours prior to pouring

- slowly pull the pour lever with the ice cold serving glass at an angle against the pour spout until the glass is filled to the desired level

- if you want more head, at the end, turn the CO2 back on

- when you are done pouring, turn the CO2 back on to preserve the beer for the next pour

there's another method described in the threads of increasing the length of the pour line to ~10 feet, which decreases pour pressure and may be worth looking into if the above method doesn't work. Also make sure you are using either PBW, followed by Star San to clean/sanitize all components of the fermentation Keg assembly before your your brew day or at least One Step, to prevent your wort from spoiling, which creates a whole other set of issues, including gross spoiled sour beer. Hope that helps!