Cacao Stout Recipe.

• I received 5 packets of the Bavarian Wheat beer, which is very nice. I am thinking of making my own stout to try it out. 

I am new to the craft beer world, so I am not sure if this idea will work? I used ChatGPT to help bounce some ideas off of.

Looking for any suggestions or comments. I am also considering putting a few sterilized cacao nibs directly in the keg during fermentation for a deeper flavor.

• Stout Recipe for IGULU F1 (3.3L / 0.87 Gallon Batch)

Ingredients:

• Morgans Master Malt – Roasted Dark LME:
          • 500g (17.6 oz) per batch
        • East Kent Goldings Hops:
          • 15g (0.53 oz) for bitterness
        • Safale US-05 Yeast:
          • 2g (0.07 oz)
        • Cacao Nibs (optional, for chocolate flavor):
          • 25-50g (0.88-1.76 oz)
        • Water:
          • 3.3 liters (0.87 gallons)

Instructions:

1. Steep the Hops and Cacao Nibs ("Hop Tea"):

• Boil Water: Heat 500-750 ml (1-2 cups) of water.
          • Add Hops: Remove from heat and add 15g (0.53 oz) of East Kent Goldings hops. Steep for 15-20 minutes.
          • Add Cacao Nibs (Optional): Add 25-50g (0.88-1.76 oz) of cacao nibs to the steep for a chocolate flavor.
          • Strain and Cool: After steeping, strain out the hops and nibs. Let the liquid cool to room temperature.
        2. Prepare the IGULU Machine:

• Add LME: Pour 500g (17.6 oz) of Roasted Dark LME into the keg.
          • Add the Hop & Cacao Tea: Add the cooled, strained hop and cacao liquid.
          • Add Water: Add enough water to reach 3.78 liters (1 gallons) total. Stir or shake to mix.
        3. Add Yeast:

• Sprinkle 2g (0.07 oz) of Safale US-05 yeast into the keg.
        4. Seal and Ferment:

• Stage 1: Ferment at 68°F (20°C) for 8 days.
          • Stage 2: Raise the temperature to 71.6°F (22°C) for 5 days to complete fermentation.
          • Stage 3: Cold crash at 35.6°F (2°C) for 3 days to clarify and condition the beer.
        5. Carbonation:

• Use the SodaStream CO2 attachment to carbonate the stout as needed.

Approximate ABV: 6.3%

• @Jason Hi Jason. You can refer to the recipe I shared below this DIY video. I confirm that it’s great because I have tasted it.🍻🍻🍻

https://youtu.be/mnPG2bj8lr4?si=4l6tFnvFKF_rXlfs