First lager brew with the F1

• I just finished my first lager Brew with the F1 and the beer seems flat, it is also dispensing mostly foam.The PSI on my unit is around 12 is there any way to fix this?

• Hi James,

To reduce foam, after brewing is complete, manually release the pressure with the pressure value.
    activate the CO2 cooling mode if it is not in cooling mode.
    The machine will automatically adjust within a reasonable range. 
    you can drink the beer at this point to try. or if you Let it sit for about 2 days. The beer produced will have reduced foam. 

Here are some suggestions to reduce foam when pouring drinks:

1) Use chilled glasses to pour the drinks.
    2) Control the flow rate by adjusting the clamp on the tube.
    3) Try to pour the liquid along the inner wall of the glass.

• @April   I have the same issue.  All foam.  Beer completed today.  Do I need to let it sit longer?  If I release the pressure, the CO2 immediately kicks on to bring it up.  Mine is near 15 psi.  Where should it be for my Bavarian Wheat?  I'm getting 16 oz glasses of foam.  Could it be due to contaminates?  Maybe I need to do more sanitizing.

Also, any guidance on putting it in CO2 cooling mode?  I don't see that option anywhere so I'm sure it's operator error.

• Hi John, if you release some pressure, then pour some into a glass, did that make a difference at all?

yes, if you let it sit for a couple of days the foam will reduce.  15 psi for bavarian wheat is good.

Our machine software is still updating, but i believe the current version the co2 cooling is automatic. so you dont need to do anything on that right now.

for now, release some pressure and let it sit for a day or two. the foam should reduce. 

• @April releasing pressure didn't help.  I dumped that batch and will try again

• hi john, so sorry to hear that. let us know how it goes with the 2nd batch. 

• @John you just dumped it like that? 😱

Soda doesn't get flat instantly after you release pressure from the cap, it gets flatter/less carbonated as time passes.

Releasing pressure from the pressure release valve on the keg should be the same.. You need to let it relax for a while before trying to dispense again. Also make sure the CO2 on the back side is turned off, or it'll just refill the keg with the pressure you just released. 

• @Sean Hi Sean, you bring up a good point about turning off the CO2 while waiting a couple of days.  You are correct that releasing pressure with the CO2 turned on only resets the pressure back to 15PSI (and wastes tank content).

@April Hsiung April, what's your thoughts?  Leave tank on or turn off before releasing pressure to reduce foam.

• @Scott Hi scott, my suggestion:  try release pressure with co2 value on first. Dispense it a bit and see if the foam reduces. If you are still getting excess foam, then turn off the co2 valve and release pressure again.  if that still doesnt work, then wait 1-2 days and the foam for sure will be reduce significantly. 

• @Sean yep.  Trust me, I'm disappointed in myself too.  Will use some star san tomorrow and try again.  Maybe it was over carbonated and I can try shutting off the gas.  But wouldn't that make it go flat?  Guess I'll just have to drink it all.

Do you guys keep your co2 on as long as you have beer in it?  Thanks

• @John you can leave your co2 cylinder on the machine when you have beer in it or even when you dont have beer in it.

• I just experimented with the CO2 valve under the canister and was able to successfully pour several foam free glasses of beer!! I've just finished my third brew (Bavarian Wheat this time) and was getting really frustrated by the foam issue. 

I found that if you turn the valve underneath the CO2 canister all the way off, then release the pressure in the keg (you will note that the machine doesn't replace the pressure now because the canister is in the off position) you are able to pour beers without the foam. I got three glasses of virtually foam-free beer. When I was done, I turned the CO2 valve back on and the machine re-pressurized. This is the way!