Upgrade to stainless steel keg

• I would love to have the option to use less plastic. A stainless steel keg upgrade in the same shape would be awesome. 

• @Tomasz Or a one gallon reinforced glass carboy. Probably would taste better than plastic! 

• It really tasts plastic. 

im afraid this is not what I wanted. Plastic crappy beer. Buggy app. Cant register machine. Kits with "chemical flavors, and extracts" this really is nothing like what I though I ordered. It doesn't mash, just ferments?

• @Ky I wonder if it would hold up to pressure. Stainless steel would be good for that plus wouldn't break if you drop it. 

• @Matt yeah Im somewhat disappointed as it doesn't heat, just cools. BeerMkr was really good by comparison but I had a bunch of leak issues with it and now it seems they're going down the tubes. 

• @Tomasz 

Yep, it could handle it with the right PRV and the current updated version of the PRV hits above 20psi (previously 30!), which is pretty darn high for carbonating a keg anyway. "I" think it should be closer to 12 maximum pressure, but i'm sure there are others that suggest one way or the other. I really want to move to Glass or Stainless too.

• Will the glass or stainless keg be backward compatible?

If it will be then there will be no hesitancy in buying current version.

I think this backward compatibility will increase their sale dramatically.

I believe the problem is there was a big investment in the production of this first generation plastic keg. And to move into the new stainless keg will lose potential profit.

I guess if there is enough interest in the backward compatible stainless keg thru a petition of interest or like of some sort then that upgrade will be sooner