Extending Fermentation

• How do we extend fermentation?  Most users that have completed their brewing have commented that the beer of all varieties has been a little too sweet.  The recomended remedy seems to be extending the fermentation.  I'd also like to see reviews on the results with the extended fermentation.  Together as a community we can perfect this process.  Yes, I realize everyone has different preferences with their beer.

• I'd also like to know what presure is recommended when serving beer. On. my kegeratior I ussually serve aroun 10 or 12 psi. how do you adjust the presure?

• For now, to add days to fermentation, please start with the preset program, extend the high-temperature fermentation for the period of you wish, and then manually stop the fermentation process and activate the cooling mode or place the tank in the refrigerator to complete the subsequent low-temperature fermentation.

please note, as we are still improving our phone and machine software and from user feedbacks, this process will be changed in the future.

• Side note: Once you activate the premium feature and master modes, you will be able to set the fermentation periods yourself. 

• @Jim You can adjust pressure by manually releasing pressure from the pressure release valve. As you release pressure from the valve, the pressure readings will change on the screen. The beer's natural carbonation should be enough from just fermentation alone, serving pressure should be around 12 psi. 

If your beer is too foamy, turn off CO2 serving, release some pressure manually, then serve in a few minutes. 

• @Chet Regarding extending fermentation or resuming after a power outage, the dev team realizes that it's an unnecessary locked setting and the lock will be removed in an later update.

As default, when there's a power outage for more than half an hour, it won't resume fermentation and must restart the fermentation process again. With the future update, you would be able to select which stage of fermentation or continue fermentation regardless of how long the power has been out.

• I have brewed the Bavarian wheat beer and the pale. Both have been too sweet.

I have brewed the Bavarian wheat beer and the pale ale. Both have been too sweet.

I still have the pale ale still in the keg so, based on advice in this forum, I am throwing it back into ale fermentation 2-stage manual mode to hopefully allow the beer to ferment longer.

I will keep you guys posted on how this works.

Has anyone else done this successfully?

• Well, I have let the Pale Ale ferment for 3 more days after I had already gone through the complete process including chilling for 3 days at 35 degrees.

The results have been great. The beer resumed fermentation and is no longer sweet. Now chilling it back to 35, carbonating w/ CO2 tank and getting it ready to serve again.

A few pointers:

• I re-started fermentation by unplugging, re-plugging and manually selecting the 2-step ale process.
    • I disconnected the CO2 and released all pressure through the pressure release valve, wanting to see if the yeast would begin to devour the maltose sweetness and emit CO2
    • I swirled the tank (inside the iGulu) so as to uncover and expsose the yease cake at the bottom of the keg.
    • After 12 hours or so, I tried the CO2 release valve to see if there was pressure building up by the yeast's emission of CO2. YES!

• Great Tips! Thank you so much David!